Welcome!I am the photographer behind Chickadee Photography. Follow this blog to see sneak peeks of recent shoots, photo display ideas and other musings on great ways to capture all those precious childhood moments. Contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.
Category Archives: Holiday Portraits
I was so excited to see this little guy again and see how he’s changed from his newborn session. He was just as I expected: huge, adorable and full of personality.
He looks very excited for his first Christmas I hope it is as jolly as you are, little man!
I am thrilled to be offering holiday mini sessions in 2013! Last year, I only was able to see a few clients, because I was caring for a newborn and Hurricane Sandy had me out of town for a few weeks. So I’m really excited to see my wonderful Chickadee Photography clients & meet some new people as well! Mini Sessions are a great way to get some great pictures of your kids for your holiday cards or to give as gifts – or to get that annual family portrait off your to-do list!
Here are the details!
$250 MINI SESSION PACKAGE INCLUDES
- 30-40 minute session in my Port Washington studio or a local outdoor location
- 10-15 proofs to choose from, in a private online gallery
- Your choice of 5 images, delivered as fully-retouched high resolution files with print release. Black and white versions are included free of charge.
- Complimentary upload of your selected images to labs where you can order prints, holiday cards and other products
- Mini sessions have no session fee. (Regular sessions are longer, offer more proofs to choose from, and have a session fee plus minimum purchase.)
- The $250 package price is collected at the time of booking to secure your appointment. We accept cash, check, credit card or paypal.
- Additional digital files are $50 each
- Package covers a family up to 6 people. Groups larger than that will need to book a regular session.
- Studio appointments are available weekend mornings or on weekdays
- Outdoor appointments are in the late afternoon in the “golden hour”
- Limited appointments are available and weekends will fill first. If a weekend outdoor appointment is cancelled due to weather, the family may choose to have the session in the studio or reschedule for a weekday. If a new date cannot be found, the mini session price can be applied toward a future session. No refunds will be given.
- Your online proof gallery will be ready within 3 days of your photo session
- You will have 2 days to select your images
- Your selections will be retouched and the digital files will be delivered within 3 days. Files will be sent electronically; there will be a $10 fee to burn and mail a CD.
- This year, we will not be offering prints, products or holiday cards. However, to help you get everything you need for the holidays, Chickadee Photography can upload your files to the following labs that provide consistently great quality.
Enjoy a look at some of our previous Holiday Portraits, done in my studio in Port Washington or at scenic outdoor locations around Nassau County!
Before everyone rings in the New Year and starts taking down the holiday decorations this weekend, I wanted to share some of the many wonderful holiday sessions I did this year in the studio. My favorite thing is looking at all of my clients’ Christmas cards and these shots are on my ‘wall of fame’.
I hope you all had a magical Christmas and wish you all a very happy New Year!
There were so many things that went wonderfully, magically right with this session. I couldn’t wait to download my camera card to see all the shots… and each one seemed to be my next Favorite Picture Ever.
First, the girls were beautiful, fun and perfectly dressed for the hazy, sun-drenched look I had in mind for them. Second, they have a super awesome mom who was open to anything and did a great job of cracking them up (not that it was hard!). The late-fall golden leaves and the late-day golden light conspired to create a magical, lost-in-an-enchanted-forest feeling to the whole session.
I should stop talking, because the images truly speak for themselves (click thumbnail to enlarge).
Misses A and K, may your days always be filled with sunshine and laughter.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! I had SO MUCH fun photographing these kids and putting together valentine cards for each of them. Enjoy the show!
I would like to thank all of the designers who generously shared their Valentine templates, especially Florabella Collection and other talented contributors in the photography community. Also, please note that I changed all names to maintain privacy. I hope everyone has a very happy hearts day!
One of the best parts of photographing babies and children is getting to watch them grow up! That’s what I was so excited to see Miss M again, for this year’s holiday portraits. It was my third time photographing her and she’s only gotten cuter and more fun. Join me for a bit of a trip down memory lane.
This was my favorite image from her newborn session. What a sweet, sweet little smile.
I saw her again when she was about 3 months old, for holiday portraits. The family used this image for their Christmas card. It looked amazing (Dad is a graphic designer!):
…we had the most fun letting her just play with her accessories. Can you get any cuter than this?!
I’m so glad to have gotten to document this little one growing up and I look forward to seeing her more in the future!
This family is very special to me. They supported and encouraged me while I was building my portfolio and this is my second year photographing them for their holiday portraits. I loved seeing how the kids grew and changed over the past year. I hope to remain their family photographer for years to come! The title of this post, “Warmth”, encompasses both the warm fall colors of that pretty November day and the warmth that this family shares with one another.
The youngest, J, is a complete sweetheart. The allure of wide open spaces prevented him from wanting to stay still for pictures – until, all of a sudden, he just plunked down and said “Cheese!” Acting fast, I was able to snap this beautiful image. With young kids, it’s all about being ready!
Miss K is so sweet and helpful with her brothers and always gives me the prettiest smiles. Her blue eyes really light up the color images, but for some reason, I just really love this one in black and white.
Finally, G holds a very special place in my heart. When his mom told me last year that he is autistic, I knew it would be a challenge to get photographs with eye contact or smiles. While I’m no expert at photographing children with special needs, I applied the same principles as I do with all the kids — just let them be themselves and slowly work your way into their trust and their space. Therefore, even if this image is perhaps not the most “perfect” – it perfectly captures this handsome boy in a way that is rare and special.
And finally the whole family together. Can anyone say, “Christmas Card”?
It’s a pleasure working with you, D family! Have a wonderful holiday season.